step 1. What is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
2. What are the offer towards the information stored on the NSLDS database? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Guaranty Providers, having information about the Government Relatives Student loan Program (FFELP)
- Agency from Student loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Company from Training Commercial collection agency Characteristics (DCS), to own information regarding defaulted finance kept by Agencies regarding Education
- Direct Financing Repair (DLS), having information regarding Federal Head College loans
- Common Origination and you will Disbursement (COD), to possess Government Grant Programs recommendations
- Conditional Impairment Launch Tracking System (CDDTS), to have handicap loan suggestions
- Main Handling System (CPS), getting services candidate recommendations
- Colleges, getting information on Federal Perkins Loan System, student enrollment and you can services overpayments.
3. How frequently is the pointers and you can research up-to-date to the NSLDS program? Schools or their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
4. Must i revise mortgage recommendations and personal identifiers on the internet? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Merely analysis company is modify mortgage relevant information, usually owing to the normal submittals to help you NSLDS
5. Just what part of the web site must i use to satisfy the Body weight requirements? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
six. How to recommend developments otherwise change into the web site? We encourage your comments . Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
To own a certain company’s mortgage revealing schedule, seek out the business utilising the Data Merchant Schedule link with the the latest Org tab
seven. Whenever is the NSLDS site available? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How can i contact the latest NSLDS Support service Center in the event that I am a different college? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
9. ‘s the web site safe? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.